Probability of competing beyond high school
Many boys and girls grow up dreaming of playing sports in college and the pro ranks. But of the nearly 8 million students currently participating in high school athletics in the United States, only 480,000 of them will compete at NCAA schools. And of that group, only a fraction will realize their goal of becoming a professional athlete.
Get your free "Guide for the College-Bound Student Athlete" by clicking the on the picture .
1. Surprise A Deserving Service-Worker: Think of someone in your community who deserves more appreciation (firefighters, nurses, postal service workers, bus drivers, crossing guards, etc.) and bake them cookies or surprise them with a bouquet of flowers!
2. Write a Note of Gratitude: Spend one evening writing a thank you letter to someone who made a difference in your life.
3. Create a Kindness Ideas Jar: Ask each family member to write one or more acts of kindness on separate slips of paper. Fold them all up, put them in a jar, and choose one to do each day.
4. Share Your Appreciation: Write a note to each family member, telling them why you appreciate them.
5. Pay It Backward: Go to a grocery store, coffee shop, or toll booth and pay for the person behind you.
6. Give Compliments: Practice complimenting each person you talk to one day. BONUS: have a contest to see who can compliment the most people.
7. Be Kind To Yourself: Take a day to be kind to yourself and spend 30min doing something you really love.
8. Eat Dinner Together: Sit down as family for a meal.
9. Play kindness doorbell dash: Together, create a happiness basket for your neighbor. Then, sneak over to their front door, leave the basket, ring the doorbell and run away as fast as you can!
10. Donate Some Dough: Give your child $20 and tell them they have to do something for others with it. Creativity is encouraged! For inspiration, watch what 8-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_5GuJC4oHM&list=PL4f_hRdQDT4ZsNcWLRrxrUayqCQ8lXnPx&index=6year-old Abby did with $25 from her grandma.